Thursday, March 17, 2011
Best way to use skippy and nutella together? Besides the obvious one spoon in two-jars or slathered together between two pieces of bread--in peanut butter nutella thumbprint cookies!
Midnight cravings for peanut butter sugary-yumminess caused boyfriend and I to whip up this oh-so-indulgent thumbprints of YES!
These are very easy and take all of 20 min to pull together. An even shorter time probably, if you aren't worried about disturbing your sleeping neighbors with the sound of your cheap-o mixer that sounds like a jack-hammer against my hard-plastic bowls.
Skippy & Nutella Thumbprints
Makes about 20 cookies depending on dough-ball size
You will need:
-2 Tablespoons of butter
-1/4 cup peanut butter (can be either smooth or nutty, although I prefer nutty)
-1/2 cup brown sugar
-1/2 teaspoon vanilla
-3/4 cup flour
-1/2 teaspoon baking powder
-1/8 teaspoon salt
-about 1/3 cup sugar (for rolling the dough in)
-1/3 cup nutella
0. Preheat oven to 350 F.
1. Beat butter and peanut butter together until smooth (except for any peanut chunks of course)
2. Beat in brown sugar until light and fluffy
3. Beat in egg and vanilla until fully incorporated
4. Mix flour, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl and then mix into the wet mixture.
5. The dough should have a chocolate-chip cookie dough consistency. Roll into 1 inch-1 1/2 inch balls and coat in granulated sugar.
6. Place, evenly spaced, on a non-stick cookie sheet. Bake for 8 minutes. Carefully remove and use the back of a 1/2 teaspoon measurement to indent the cookies.
7. Bake until golden brown. An additional 5-6 min.
8. Cool for 5 min.. Put a dollop of nutella in each indent. Let cool completely and serve! YUM